The reference for this application is AA/K5030/V13/2205294 – it is important you quote this.
You will have your own reasons for supporting the Save Smithfield Market campaign. Our reasons include:
1. The present proposals cause very substantial harm to the General Market building and Annex and to the Smithfield Conservation Area
2. HGI’s contention that 75 per cent of the fabric will be retained is misleading
3. This is an important historic part of London with huge potential that would be lost if these proposals go ahead.
4. The HGI application does not deliver wider public benefits
5. The Clerkenwell/Farringdon area can become an important creative hub for London and needs ‘meeting places’, not more standard offices
6. The viability of a conservation-led market retention scheme has been demonstrated by witnesses at the Public Inquiry.
Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP
Department for Communities and Local Government
London SW1E 5DU
Twitter: @EricPickles – will you back the campaign to #savesmithfield